Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Future of Bratz Games


I was in a toy store today and I didn’t see any Bratz games. Of course I didn’t scour the aisles in search of the few dolls that might have been hidden behind other boxes, but I certainly didn’t see a wide selection of dolls the way I would have just a few years ago. It was almost eerie how the Bratz dolls have disappeared from the shelves.

All of this is due, of course, to the lawsuits that were filed against the company over the right to the dolls. The original maker of the Bratz dolls lost the suit and Mattel, the maker of Barbie games won. This means that Mattel now gets to decide the future of the Bratz games, and if they opt to not make the dolls any longer, the Bratz games will truly be a thing of the past. I’ve seen news articles claiming one thing or of the other over the months, but the empty aisles make me think that this time it might be serious.

No comments: