Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Celebrating Bratz Games


I’m not sure about anyone else, but I’m still celebrating the fact that Bratz will be around at least another year. Things were looking rather scary for a bit when it seemed the Bratz dolls would be turned over to their biggest competitor, Mattel, owner of Barbie. But we all got lucky when the courts allowed Bratz to continue uninterrupted for awhile longer.

For me, that means I have more time to try and complete my Bratz doll collection. Sure the dolls will likely continue in one format or another, but someday will be fun to pull out my complete Bratz collection to show my children what the original looked like. It’s possible they will have a different, perhaps less urban, version of the doll to play with someday.

Bratz games aren’t just about the dolls, of course. There are countless Bratz games online as well and I play those regularly as well. My favorite way to celebrate Bratz games is to play the online dress up games where I get to dress up the different Bratz in urban fashions of my choosing. I might not be as good as their typical fashion designers, but I can hold my own in the online Bratz games, if I say so myself.

No comments: